Attorneys and Office Manager
Responsible for researching legal issues, preparing documentation in a precise manner and performing administrative duties for the Attorneys by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Communicates with clients every two weeks to ensure outstanding customer service.
- Request police reports to support the client’s case, and prepare the appropriate ocumentation to place defendant/clients insurance companies on notice.
- Verify property damage and request photos of client’s injuries.
- Communicates legal details to clients in a clear and precise manner in Attorney’s absence without providing legal consultation or advice.
- Responds to clients in a professional manner at all times to best represent the firm and expand business.
- Request medical records and billing statements.
- Place Medicaid/Medicare and health insurance companies on notice.
- Review mail, file and log as requested onto the server.
- Preparation of all special summaries for demands.
- Handle recorded statements by phone and in-person.
- Prepare affidavits and perform as a Notary.
- Assist attorney with checking balances, reductions and breakdowns for settlement.
- Check Statute of Limitations Monthly.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- HANDLES ALL TELEPHONE CALLS (Case Managers are not to refuse a phone call unless they are with a client or instructed by an attorney not to take a call for a specified period of time.
The receptionist should be informed of the allotted time).
- Telephone Etiquette
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Legal Terminology
- Interpersonal Skills
- Proofreading and Grammatical Skills
- Time Management
- Computer Literacy
High School Diploma or Equivalent/Two years of legal experience is a must.